What exactly is the VOX Cinemas Drive-In? How does it work?
- The VOX Cinemas Drive-In is a first of its kind moviegoing experience for VOX Cinemas Egypt that allows guests to enjoy the magic of the movies from the safety and comfort of their own cars. The concept is brought to audiences by Majid Al Futtaim’s cinema arm, VOX Cinemas and Mountain View Ras ElHikma.
Why has VOX Cinemas decided to launch the VOX Cinemas Drive-In now?
- Following its huge success in the UAE, the VOX Cinemas Drive-In was launched in Egypt as we are committed to providing our customers with exceptional experiences. Movie-lovers can enjoy the magic of cinema from the safety and comfort of their cars at our newest experience.
Where is VOX Cinemas Drive-In located?
- VOX Cinemas Drive-In by the Sea is located at Mountain View Ras El Hikma, Cairo-Alexandria Desert Road-the Wadi El Natron Road Route 200KM.
When does the VOX Cinemas Drive-In open?
- VOX Cinemas Drive-In opens to the public on Thursday, 20 August and bookings will be open on the app and website by Monday, 17 August.
What is the totally capacity of cars that can be accommodated?
- Initially, while physical distancing directives remain in place, there is capacity for 105 cars with a maximum of 4 guests per car.
Is there a restriction to how many people are in each car?
- A maximum of four guests are permitted per car.
How big is the VOX Cinemas Drive-In screen? Will viewers be able to see properly from their cars?
- The big screen is 20m wide and is raised 4m above the ground to ensure that all guests have a clear view of the movie. To ensure unobstructed viewing, SUVs will be directed to the back rows and small cars and sedans will reserve the front rows.
How will viewers be able to hear the movie?
- Once parked, motorists will be instructed to tune into a dedicated radio station frequency (VOX 94) to receive the movie audio straight into their vehicles.
What hours will the VOX Cinemas Drive-In be operating?
- There will be two movie screening sessions each evening; 9pm and 12am. Guests are advised to arrive 30 minutes prior to the movie.
What movies will you be screening at the VOX Cinemas Drive-In?
- We will be screening a wide range of popular recent releases. The schedule will be updated weekly and can be viewed here.
Where and how does one buy tickets for the VOX Cinemas Drive-In?
- Bookings will be open on the app and website by Monday, 17 August. It is the same booking process as buying a regular VOX movie ticket and F&B is included in the ticket price.
Do tickets have to be bought per vehicle or per person inside the vehicle?
- There are two ticket options available, both valid per car (maximum of four people). The Drive-In Supreme pack costs EGP350 and includes the admission of one car along with two medium popcorn and two water bottles . While the Drive-In Deluxe pack costs EGP550 and includes the admission of one car along with one Deluxe Nachos, three large popcorn, one M&Ms pack, two soft drinks and two water bottles.
Will each vehicle be allocated a pre-assigned parking spot?
- Each vehicle will be assigned an allocated spot. Upon arrival, a Majid Al Futtaim staff usher will scan the QR code provided to customers when they book and place a coloured sticker on the windshield of the car indicating a row and slot number. Traffic controllers will then guide each vehicle to its designated spot based on the colour of the sticker. To ensure unobstructed viewing, SUVs and large vehicles will be assigned a back-row spot and smaller cars and sedans will have front row spots reserved.
Will the usual VOX F&B offering be available for VOX Cinemas Drive-In customers?
- The ticket price includes a food and beverage package with our signature snacks. All food and beverages will be prepared in the VOX kitchen and delivered to vehicles on arrival at the usher point to minimise movement during the screening
What other rules will be in place to ensure an uninterrupted, quality movie-going experience?
- We’ve put specific measures in place to ensure guests can enjoy an immersive cinema experience. Guests are requested to turn off their headlights during the movie and to refrain from honking or flashing headlights, as a courtesy to fellow moviegoers. To minimise movement during the screening, guests are required to remain inside their cars for the duration of the movie with the exception of using the restrooms.
Are there age restrictions in place?
- The age restrictions applied are those set by the Ministry of Culture for each movie rating.
Is the VOX Cinemas Drive-In a temporary or permanent concept? How long do you anticipate it will operate for?
- The VOX Cinemas Drive-In concept is a temporary addition to VOX Cinemas’ offering for now. We will continue to evaluate the success of the experience before making a final decision on its future, given our desire to continue creating great moments for our customers.
Will you be launching this concept in any other locations?
- At present we are launching the concept at Mountain View Ras El Hikma, but additional VOX Cinemas Drive-In experiences will be considered in the future based upon the success of the concept in Egypt.
Are there restrooms at the VOX Cinemas Drive-In? Where are they located?
- Guests will be able to use the restrooms located at the back of the car park. To maintain physical distancing, restrooms will operate at reduced capacity. The restrooms are also frequently sanitised throughout the day in line with our stringent health and safety measures.